Planners are always seeking an edge and for new ways to entice donors to give from the heart and using Valentine’s Day as your theme is just one idea. Here’s a few suggestions on how to make this happen:
- Paint the hall red - Ask your attendees to wear read and decorate your banquet hall with red streamers and red balloons.
- Hand out red roses and balloons - great for interacting with your guests and a much more personal gesture than other trinkets.
- Have the right soundtrack - Depending on what your audience is in the mood for you can choose from pop idols, like Taylor Swift, the silky voices of Barry White or Ben E King or even some romantic Honky Tonk like Willie Nelson.
- Sell gift baskets - these can be made from a combination of items including perfume, candy and flowers and sell them at your fundraiser. Having customized baskets available would be an even bigger attraction.
- Create personalized Valentines – with not only a message suitable to the occasion but also your organization’s name and logo.
- Theme your silent auction items - hit up businesses for items like hotel getaways, movie tickets, wine and gift certificates to romantic restaurants. If you sell raffle tickets, hold the draw a week before V-Day so Mr. or Mrs. will look like a hero to their significant other.
We always encourage organizers and planners to use event management software like InviteRight to help them reduce some of the administrative work. We have a wonderful system made with love that includes an interactive floor map.